Updated April 1st, 2022
This page is written with a different voice than my usual emails and lessons. This is Business David, and I hope that you understand my directness, as it is a necessity for clearly explaining the requirements for interacting with the materials I provide through Dreaming in Script.
You need to actually read this page.
Please fully read the below terms before registering or participating in the DIS programs accessible via your login. Your respectful adherence to the terms laid out on this page is required for your continued use and access to the Dreaming in Script programs.
If you have a unique learning concern related to the format (or language) of any course, please contact us directly to discuss methods that we can make the materials more accessible or functional for your study purposes.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to access materials on the School’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license, you may NOT:
- modify or copy the materials (other than with your own pen);
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the School’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials;
- transfer the materials to another person or 'mirror' the materials on any other server;
- share links to the materials published on this server; or
- compile the materials into any alternative format for personal study without the express written consent of Masgrimes LLC (including but not limited to study booklets, hard copies of the essays, PDFs, or any digital file or format.)
- You ARE permitted to print one (1) copy of each exemplar or letterform diagram presented with a "download link" in the course for storage in a physical location within your protection. After printing, I ask that you delete any digital files pertaining to those images from your local machine.
- You ARE permitted and encouraged to take notes by hand. This helps to protect the course materials from accidental piracy and reinforces your absorption of the lesson material.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Masgrimes at any time. Upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format and your access to the course materials will be revoked.
- This license to access the course materials shall be valid for a period of three (3) years from the date that you purchase a course, and shall expire once that time period has elapsed. After that time, you will no longer have access to the course materials, lessons, etc.
The materials on the School’s website are provided 'as is'. The School makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, the School does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall the School be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the School’s website, even if the School or an authorized agent of the School has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the School’s website may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The School does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The School may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The School does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The School has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the School of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the School’s website shall be governed by the laws of the School Owner’s home jurisdiction without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Thank you for helping us to protect our intellectual property and supporting small businesses and artists by acting to prevent material theft of our courses. Thank you for NOT downloading, compiling, or sharing the materials from this course with anyone else, whether they are members of DIS or not. Thank you for helping us to protect our course materials from plagiarism and piracy. Thank you for trusting that all of the materials have been presented in a specific format which is the unique creative vision of Masgrimes LLC.
Please report any illegal uses of materials from DIS Courses directly to us ([email protected]).
If you are in possession of any previously generated digital content containing copyrighted materials found in Dreaming in Script, please immediately delete all copies and notify us of their deletion.
Thank you for your cooperation and see you inside!
David T. Grimes.